Trauma is a fact of life, but it does not have to be a life sentence.
What do bullying, hurricanes, sexual abuse, accidents, floods, divorce, displacement, neglect, war, discrimination and earthquakes have in common?
They can all cause trauma!
Worldwide, hundreds of millions of people suffer the consequences of traumatic experiences. Trauma can devastate lives, ruin families and communities, and become a driver of violence (‘hurt people hurt people’).
GIST-T envisions a world in which new, effective trauma treatments are available to all traumatized people. Fewer traumatized people means less conflict, less violence and less abuse.
What is GIST-T’s current program?
- Lobbying for an International Trauma Awareness Day
- Designing trauma treatment projects in humanitarian and conflict settings
- Planning a conference on innovative EMDR Early Intervention approaches to reach greater numbers of people in under-resourced areas (emdrearlyintervention.com)
- Conducting trauma audits with humanitarian organisations
- Developing e-learning courses for self-care in stress and trauma
Go to www.gist-t.org
Or get in touch directly at [email protected]
Or follow us on www.facebook.com/gistt.org