This is a sponsored post on PCDN
To build a more peaceful and just world, we need to work effectively at community and local/regional levels in every country, starting with our own. SPI 2020 training courses offer the skills you need personally and professionally to make this happen. Join us for an exciting time of shared learning across national boundaries. All courses offered for training or academic credit.
This year we are offering a wide variety of courses on topics including, but not limited to:
- Trauma awareness
- Social media and violent extremism
- Transforming harmful community spaces through collaboration
- Racial healing and challenging systemic racism
- Restorative justice
- Circle processes
- Building personal and organizational resilience
- Designing facilitated processes
- Using media and the arts for peacebuilding and security
Click here for more information on all courses at SPI 2020, instructor bios, scholarships, costs, and information about our annual Community Day event on February 14, 2020, that creates a one-day, SPI in miniature.
We know that personal and organizational budgets are sometimes stretched tight and many of you may have difficulty fully financing your time at SPI. We have several ways to help, including:
- Organization discount: 30% discount of the training fees for organizations that send three or more people to SPI.
- Partial Scholarship: Up to $500 toward training fees if participants are able to pay all other fees for at least one session.
- Matching Scholarship: Covers fees for an additional session of SPI if you are able to pay for at least one session and any transportation costs.
Click here for more information on scholarship possibilities.
Still not sure if you should attend the Summer Peacebuilding Institute? Click here to watch a short video of SPI participants, faculty, and staff talking about “the magic of SPI”.
Click here to apply online for