This is a sponsored post on PCDN.
Don’t miss a chance to study peace in the home country of “Solidarity” – one of the biggest and successful nonviolent resistance movements! The admission process for the Winter semester, which starts in October 2020, has begun.
International Peace and Conflict Studies program (IPACS) is a two-year innovative and interdisciplinary MA program which is aimed at empowering students to:
- understand the root causes of violence and international conflicts;
- develop practical skills necessary for the process of conflict transformation and peaceful social change;
- develop and deploy peacebuilding strategies at different stages of conflicts and crises.
The main goal of the program is to transform students into well-educated and skilled peacebuilders who will be prepared for the varied job market of their profession as well as its rewards and hardships. Collegium Civitas Graduates are also amongst the highest earners in Poland https://www.civitas.edu.pl/en/our-university/news/collegium-civitas-graduates-are-among-the-highest-earners-in-poland
What distinguishes this program from others is a holistic and practical approach which enables students to develop new ways of thinking about current global problems. Our students are able to critically analyze current events and policy decisions and become active change makers at different levels of the society, including the community and the policy level. Not only do students obtain a foundational knowledge of the key theories and practices of the peace field, but they also have the opportunity to get involved in a number of peacebuilding inanities, workshops and events. Some of the more recent include:
- CC Day of Peace – organized by one of Collegium Civitas’ students’ associations – Youth for Peace https://www.civitas.edu.pl/en/our-university/news/cc-day-of-peace-students-great-success
- #CCPeaceTalks – https://www.civitas.edu.pl/en/our-university/our-events/ccpeacetalks-first-meeting-of-a-new-initiative
- Student led campaign “Varsovians versus Violence” as participants in a global competition – Peer-to Peer Global Digital Challenge to counter messages of hatred and extremism https://www.facebook.com/VVVCampaign/
- One of very few such programs in Europe taught entirely in English
- Courses prepare Graduates for employability in the field of peacebuilding locally, regionally and internationally. For a list of our specialization courses see https://www.civitas.edu.pl/en/academic-offer/international-peace-and-conflict-studies/programme-international-peace-and-conflict-studies-ipacs
- Practice-oriented with a strong focus on professional development
- Developed and taught by practitioners and outstanding academics from the field, including faculty from Poland, the EU, UK and the US https://www.civitas.edu.pl/en/academic-offer/international-peace-and-conflict-studies/faculty-international-peace-and-conflict-studies-ipacs
- Chances to meet and network with peacebuilders from around the world – meetings, guest lectures and workshops are part of the journey
- Internships in peace and security-related organizations
- Poland is the birthplace of “Solidarity”, and a bridge between the West and the East – it is a border country of the EU and NATO
- Warsaw is the most dynamic capital city of Central and Eastern Europe with offices of various international organizations and companies
- Collegium Civitas is recognized both nationally and internationally because of its quality of education and excellent lecturers and is one of the most international universities in Poland. In response to Covid-19, CC has succeeded and remains prepared to teach courses online to ensure the health and safety of all staff and students https://www.civitas.edu.pl/en/our-university/news/e-learning-works-summary-of-a-semester-of-online-learning-at-collegium-civitas
For more information on the University visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp450alG6Tg
*For international candidates, the admissions deadline is: September 4, 2020.
*For Polish residents or foreigners granted a residence permit to settle in Poland (Karta Pobytu), the admissions deadline is September 10, 2020.
*For information on application and tuition fees visit https://www.civitas.edu.pl/en/academic-offer/international-peace-and-conflict-studies/fees-international-peace-and-conflict-studies-ipacs
If you want to learn more about the program, visit our website:
or contact me directly:
Katarzyna A. Przybyła
Creator and Supervisor of International Peace and Conflict Studies
at Collegium Civitas
email: [email protected]
Looking forward to hearing from you!