A pioneer on the intersection of mindfulness and social impact business, Paul Zelizer is a thought leader and entrepreneur, providing connection, advice and coaching to hundreds of conscious business leaders. Listen to Episode 3 of Season 3 to learn how Paul is changing the work with his mindful marketing approach.
Brought to you by The Rotary Peace Fellowship.
Listen to Paul here
Want to catch up? Binge on Season 1 & Season 2 here
Please also take a minute to subscribe, rate the podcast and share with others.
In this episode we discuss:
- Growing up in the Hudson Valley, NY in a white, privileged community.
- How Paul sees his mother as a role model who stepped out of the norm and has deeply impacted three generations.
- How Paul sees the progressive Jewish influence in his family and his own life.
- How Paul’s educational experience (college) was very painful and how he thrived in graduate school
- His graduate degree in counseling with a psycho-neuro immunology approach in 1989 in Boston
- Mindfulness is a 1billion dollar industry
- How he has been since the beginning in the mindfulness trend
- Paul’s move in 1993 and life in New Mexico
- Paul’s 15 years of work (restorative justice, ending gender-based violence, masculinities) before he became a social entrepreneur
- Paul’s take on NGO and/ or Social Enterprise and how they are false dichotomies
- Paul’s definition of what a conscious entrepreneur is
- Paul explains what his business is and the foundational tenets of Awarepreneurs
- But how does he make a living? Paul explain his paulzelizer.com (marketing consulting) and Awarepreneurs (a network of 400 conscious impact entrepreneurs)
- Paul’s work-life balance and burn-out prevention strategies
- Paul’s best career advice he has received in his life
- Paul’s failure story
- Paul’s top three things to follow a career of impact
New PCDN service launched this summer: PCDN Coaching Services. We love to help you because of your commitment to change. Helping the world is a tough business. So let us help you so you continue your mission.
Are you ready for the future of work? Please Join PCDN’s 2018 Career Series to learn about the future of work and how to best prepare you.
Need career advice? Need it now? Join PCDN Career Helping Line. Go ask your questions, help answer others and participate in fruitful discussion to advance your social change career.
Almost 20k individuals and organizations already receive this amazing resource to keep them up to date and ready to put their passion into action.
Subscribe to our free Daily Newsletter
This episode was brought thanks to the Rotary Peace Fellowship: Are you an existing or emerging peace leader looking to take your career to the next level? You might be eligible to receive full funding to pursue a MA or professional certificate in peace & conflict studies. Learn more about Rotary Peace Fellowships at www.rotary.org/peace-fellowships