Crossposted from Columbia World Projects
The deadline to submit an application for the 2022-2023 Obama Foundation Scholars Program is December 22 at 5PM ET.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience
Since 2018, the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University has welcomed:
- 46 rising leaders from 36 countries who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions
- Scholars who were, on average, 33 years of age, with ages ranging from 25 to 45
- Emerging institutional and movement leaders addressing a range of challenges, including strengthening governance, increasing access to high-quality healthcare, environmental sustainability, and promoting women’s rights and ending gender-based violence
To learn more about our Scholars, please visit the Meet the Scholars page.