crossposted from the Hill Accelerator
For full details click here
GROW YOUR GAME-CHANGING JUSTICE INNOVATION INTO AN IMPACTFUL BUSINESS
The Innovating Justice Challenge invited all startups that are transforming the justice sector to become part of our 2021 Accelerator cohort. Since 2011, we have successfully funded, trained and scaled over 120 startups globally. We are the only accelerator worldwide dedicated to justice and SDG16.
Innovating Justice Challenge 2021
The Innovating Justice Challenge invites the most promising justice startups from:
- East Africa (except Uganda)
- West Africa
- Southern Africa
- MENA region (especially Tunisia, Lebanon and Jordan)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for justice startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better
- working conditions with their employer
- separation terms with their spouse
- protection against theft, fraud and violence
- arrangements about noise, damages and property access with their neighbour
- housing maintenance and rent conditions with their landlord
- agreements on ownership, registration and use of land
- contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business.
We are especially interested in startups that work on what we’ve identified as potential gamechangers.
To apply your startup needs to
- have a service that prevents or resolves a clear local justice problem*.
- have proven customer demand, demonstrate increasing revenue and impact.
- have a scalable business model and the potential to become financially sustainable.
- be led by a dedicated team with experienced founders.
Both for-profit and non-profit startups can apply!