About the Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact
Crossposted from Duke University
The Fred Morgan Kirby Prize for Scaling Social Impact (F. M. Kirby Impact Prize) is an annual global prize of $100,000 USD in unrestricted funds that amplifies and accelerates the work of enterprises working to scale their impact on social or environmental problems around the world.
Named after early entrepreneur, Fred Morgan Kirby, this award is made possible through a generous gift from the F. M. Kirby Foundation.
The F. M. Kirby Impact Prize is open to all impact enterprises (nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid), working anywhere in the world, that have the following:
- Strong evidence of impact over at least 3 years and a thoughtful plan for how to use the prize to scale that impact in the next 3-5 years.
- Minimum operating budget of at least $250,000 (USD). The strongest applicants will likely have an annual operating budget between $1-3 million (USD).
- Robust, formal non-discrimination policy that protects against discrimination on the basis of marginalized identities. Marginalized identities may include, but are not limited to race, ethnicity, religion, caste, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, and disability.
- Exemplary leadership that aligns with the core values of Fred Morgan Kirby, including integrity, resourcefulness, resilience, meaningful collaboration, and diversity.
How to Apply
- Complete our eligibility questionnaire.
- Create an account to apply.
- Submit any questions you have about the application process to the CASE team. Review answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Review the complete list of application questions.
- Submit part one of your application during the initial application window: July 16 – August 20, 2021. Application Part 1 requires an organizational overview deck (in PDF format) that addresses the requested prompts. CASE will review up to the first 250 applications.
2021-2022 Selection Timeline
- June 16 – Virtual Information Session
- July 16 – Application Portal Opens.
- August 20 at 11:59 PM EDT – Application Part 1 deadline; There are no exceptions to this deadline. CASE will review up to the first 250 applications.
For more information click here