This is a sponsored post on PCDN.
Professional Development Courses, Academic Course, and Several Types of Scholarships Large and Small
Due to the uncertainties of the pandemic and vaccine distribution, Summer Peacebuilding Institute (SPI) courses will again be online from May 17 – June 18, 2021.
Scholarships, Fellowships, and Organizational Discounts
We understand that financial difficulties may be extra challenging this year and have several types of scholarships that can help those with financial need and organizations that send multiple participants attend professional development courses.
Our partial and matching scholarships as well as our organizational discounts (for organizations sending three or more people to SPI) can be requested at any time until funds run out. However, time is running out to apply for our dedicated scholarships – the scholarships that cover the full professional development fees for one or two courses.
The deadline to apply for dedicated scholarships and the Winston Fellowship has been extended until April 6.
Click here for information on all of our scholarship, fellowship, and organizational discount possibilities.
Course Offerings at SPI Online 2021:
All courses will run from May 17 – June 18, 2021 and will be offered with both professional development and academic credit options, unless otherwise noted. Click course title for description as well as days and times of live online portion of courses.
- Sexual Harms: Changing the Narrative
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level 1
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level 2
Restorative and Social Justice
- Building Resilience for Challenging Systemic Racism
- Circle Processes
- Digital Peacebuilding and PeaceTech: Understanding Social Media, Conflict and Online Violent Extremism
- Economics for Emancipation
- Restorative Justice: Principles, Theories & Applications
Leadership and Management
- Conflict Coaching
- Peacebuilding Management Essentials
- Transformational Leadership for Organizational Change
- Transforming Community Spaces through Equitable Collaboration
Conflict Transformation Skills
- Analysis: Understanding Conflict (credit only)
- Formation for Peacebuilding Practice (credit only)
- Process Design for Conflict Transformation
For full information about the Summer Peacebuilding Institute, including courses, costs, and scholarship opportunities, click here.
To apply to SPI 2021, click here.
We look forward to seeing you at SPI 2021!