The Heinrich Böll Foundation in collaboration with Advocacy Accelerator has launched an advocacy capacity strengthening programme designed for young feminists based in 7 countries in East Africa. The Challenging Patriarchy Programme is designed to increase your knowledge and strengthen your advocacy capacity to transform the lived experiences of women and girls within your local or national context.
Here is what you need to know about this programme.
- The Challenging Patriarchy Programme will run for 6-months on a part-time schedule, and you will be part of a cohort of fellow feminists who will learn feminist theory and practice.
- You will participate in interactive in-person and virtual spaces to receive coaching and support to empower your learning across sectors and countries.
- This programme is a unique opportunity to build a network of peer feminist advocates.
- Your engagement in course content via either self-led reading and reflection activities or participation in live webinars.
- Discussion, learning and exploration of topics including social justice, feminist economics and intersectionality.
- This program will provide you with the opportunity to develop joint cross-country campaigns that challenge the status quo of patriarchy.
As a candidate for this programme, you will be expected to fulfil the following:
The programme starts on Wednesday, 1 September 2021.