Member Relations Manager (f/m/d)
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application
About Common Goal
Common Goal is a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenge of our time – from ending gender inequality to combating racism to eradicating poverty and youth unemployement. The UN has defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals.
Common Goal is the creation of streetfootballworld, the world’s leading organisation in the field of football for good. Launched in 2017, the movement enables professional football players, managers, officials and clubs to pledge a minimum of 1% of their earnings to high-impact initiatives that harness the power of football to advance the Global Goals.
To date, more than 180 professional football players and managers from over 40 countries, including recognised leaders from the men’s and women’s game such as Serge Gnabry, Pernille Harder, Megan Rapinoe, Paulo Dybala, Juan Mata, Julian Nagelsmann, Casey Stoney and Jürgen Klopp have joined Common Goal. Influential football figures such as UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin and the iconic former player Eric Cantona have also joined the movement, along with professional clubs such as FC Nordsjælland in Denmark and the Oakland Roots in the U.S. So far, Common Goal has generated over €3.5M for high-impact football for good programmes empowering young people all over the world.
About the role
As our Member Relations Manager, you’ll be responsible for building new and managing existing relationships with a particular focus on (prospective) members in the UK and Common Goal’s brand partnerships. Working closely with Common Goal’s founders and a team of like-minded professionals, you’ll develop and represent Common Goal in interactions with professional football players, managers, agents, club representatives and brand partners with the aim of attracting new and growing our collobroation with existing Common Goal members (individuals and organisations pledging 1% of their earnings in support of high-impact social and environmental change initiatives). And, of course, you’ll get to play some football. We love kicking off the day with a game from time to time!
- To represent Common Goal in interactions with various football industry stakeholders and communicate Common Goal’s mission, vision and values with empathy and sincerity
- To build new and grow existing member realtionships in the UK and internationally together with global partners of Common Goal
- To develop and present bespoke propositions that align with the interests, passion points and philanthropic aims of prospective members
- To contribute to the development and implementation of Common Goal’s community engagement strategy.
- You have a degree in sports management, business administration, marketing or a related field.
- You possess a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in athlete, partnerships and/or sponsorship management in the football industry.
- You have an existing network of connections to professional players, managers, agents and/or executives in football.
- You are a natural networker and first-rate communicator skilled at building relationships and presenting collaboration opportunities.
- You possess strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and multitask.
- You are fluent (or native) in English; knowledge of Spanish and/or German is an additional asset.
- You are eligible to work in Germany and/or the UK, and ready to join the team in July/August.
- You are a great listener and team player who enoys taking responsibility and working in a diverse, culturally-rich and inclusive workplace.
- You love to get things done, thrive on challenging the status-quo and have a genuine passion for our cause.
- Be part of a motivating work culture with highly talented colleagues, flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise.
- Enjoy flexible working arrangements, an inspiring and centrally located office, 30 days annual leave and other great features to enable an optimal balance between work and personal life.
- Benefit from attractive perks for all employees such as monthly public transport passes, a gym allowance, home-office equipment and support, as well as other great initiatives to create a fun and exciting workplace.
- Make a full-time position based in Berlin and/or the UK your own with an initial 12-month contract at fair conditions with the possibility of extension.
- Last but not least, join a squad where 100% of your future teammates agreed in the latest staff survey that “fellow team members are committed to doing quality work.”
Do you want to play an active part in driving social change through football on a global level? Then get into the game and join our team!
Kick things off by submitting your application documents (a letter of motivation, including and your CV) including your salary expectation and your earliest possible start date via our online application form by May 25, 2021. Please submit all documents and information requested, as we cannot consider incomplete applications.
Your application will be screened against the position-specific criteria and suitable, qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment and selection process.
Common Goal is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people!