POSITION: Software Engineer
LOCATION: Flexible (Remote or a hybrid schedule in one of Candid’s offices in New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Cleveland, OH; Washington D.C.; or Williamsburg, VA)
As a member of the Technology team, this candidate will take part in designing, building, and ensuring the quality and security of Candid’s software.
- Develop, configure, and maintain production customer-facing commerce system and internal business APIs.
- Build high quality software solutions that deliver value for customers.
- Full stack development of software, including design, back-end and front-end implementation, code review, unit and automated testing.
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand solution requirements.
- Practice Agile software development.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including product owners, marketing, architects, UX designers, and quality assurance to achieve sprint commitments.
- Communicate respectfully and effectively, learn quickly, function with limited supervision, estimate and prioritize own work, solve issues, identify blockers, and ask for advice as needed.
- Learn new technologies, seek opportunities to improve existing software, analyze risks and trade-offs.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred; equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 6+ years of professional experience in object-oriented programming, web application and database development
- 4+ years of experience on Salesforce & Force.com platform
- 2+ years of experience in integration of systems using web APIs
- 2+ years of experience in Salesforce configuration and administration
- 3+ years of experience with Agile or iterative development methodologies
- Experience with Salesforce Community Cloud
- Experience working with SFDC coding standards
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working with Salesforce out of box features
- Experience working on large code base and using distributed version control (Git) and configuring DevOps.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum framework.
- Able to accurately assess and solve problems.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized self-starter who can work across multiple teams.
- Flexible and adaptable, with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as needed/requested.
- Sensitivity and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven, direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I.
- 2+ years of experience working on Salesforce Portal and Communities.
- Experience with Salesforce B2B Commerce Cloud (formerly known as CloudCraze).
- .NET/.NET Core, C#, and ASP.NET MVC.
- Experience with JSON and REST APIs/Web Services.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid's vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.