Internship: MENA & Asia Regional Teams
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) seeks professional, motivated, and creative interns to join the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) & Asia regional team. The intern will provide support to SFCG’s MENA-Asia regional programming and its offices in the two regions. Duties performed within this internship will contribute to the design or management of sustainable peace and conflict transformation projects, and will give interns an opportunity to practice high-level, professional skills.
Interns must be available to work full time hours with an agreed upon schedule of leave. Interns must commit for at least 6 months. Preference will be given to applicants who can commit to a full year, pending a mid-term review.
- Assist with the development of grant proposals for country and regional programs, including but not limited to writing proposal narratives, developing theories of change, articulating program activities, drafting logframes, and developing M&E plans and indicators.
- Provide extensive and detailed research on specific topics affecting countries in the region.
- Edit English-language reports and communications materials for clarity and precision.
- Support on regional communications activities, including compiling updates from country offices, revamping website content, and creating visibility pieces for social media.
- Assist with knowledge management tasks (e.g. maintaining consultant databases or working on contract management).
- Support meeting logistics and travel planning.
- Performing other supportive, administrative and minor office management duties as needed.
- Arabic and/or French skills are desirable.
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in peace and conflict studies, international relations, Middle East or Asia studies, international development, or a related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English.
- Interest and knowledge in the field of peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Practical experience with program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- High level of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with the MENA or Asia regions.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
Please note this is an unpaid internship.