Internship: Global Affairs and Partnerships – Program Development Intern
The Global Affairs and Partnerships (GAP) team at Search for Common Ground (Search) is seeking an intern for the Summer 2021 to provide research and administrative support to the organization’s overall fundraising and knowledge management activities. GAP helps advance Search’s peacebuilding mission by contributing to fundraising, organizational partnerships, project design, and proposal development for global programs.
Program development interns play a critical role in Search’s peacebuilding programs through fundraising from governments, multilateral organizations, and foundations, and the design of new programs in coordination with our regional teams.
- Assist with the development of global partnerships, project designs, and proposals;
- Conduct research related to fundraising from bilateral governments, multilaterals, and foundations;
- Identify and research opportunities for new program development and partnerships;
- Represent Search at relevant meetings and events in Washington, D.C.;
- Develop and update knowledge management tools and resources, such as capacity statements, fundraising analysis and strategies, and more.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Current student or recent graduate with a degree in International Relations, Conflict Studies,
- Development, or a related area;
- Written and spoken fluency in English;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Internet Search Engines).
The ideal candidate will further exhibit:
- A self-starting, enthusiastic, and flexible approach to the organization and the position;
- Experience in foreign policy, fundraising, and peacebuilding;
- Demonstrable interest in creating partnerships with other organizations, policymakers, and donors to advance peacebuilding;
- Experience in business development or with donor agencies
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
Salary: This is an unpaid internship.