Programme Quality and Innovation Specialist
CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10,000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
This position will be a key member of the Innovation Stream and lead the technical oversight of programme development, quality and innovation at CIVICUS. The Programme Quality and Innovation Specialist is widely experienced in a variety of roles that contribute to programme innovation, learning and knowledge management, and identifying and sharing best practice in programme design and delivery. The Programme Quality and Innovation Specialist will contribute to impactful, agile, innovative programming – within and outside the alliance – to achieve CIVICUS strategic goals.
- At least seven years’ experience managing/coordinating large international projects with multiple delivery partners and donors
- Technical expertise in identifying and developing tools and methodologies linked to enhance programme delivery and quality
- Experience in applying innovation methodologies, including design thinking, and familiarity with a broad range of innovation approaches and methodologies, including behavioral insights, and data innovation
- Knowledge of resiliency-related issues (e.g. civic space restrictions, accountability, resource mobilisation, network strengthening, data and technology, etc.)
- Track record of donor management and successful fundraising
- Experience in management and facilitation skills; coordination of several programmes and exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills and track record in producing relevant presentations, reports and other communications and knowledge materials
- Working proficiency in English and Arabic, French or Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and experience working in multi-cultural teams and remotely
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on the 14th of May 2021. Interested candidates should email their application to
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role (please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 24 May 2021 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.