The ICAN team seeks a highly motivated Program Intern to work on a range of research, coordination and program tasks. This unpaid remote-working summer internship can be part or full time and will run from June through August 2021 (dates can be negotiated). Program interns benefit from attending educational events and learning from the diverse experiences of the ICAN team.
Primary responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Conducting background research for programmatic development and publications;
- Assisting in maintaining database hosting ICAN partner information and work;
- Assisting in research to contribute to our advocacy around increasing funding to local women’s peacebuilding organizations;
- Providing basic administrative support to ICAN’s programs;
- Supporting the development of guidance materials and research documents for the purpose of operationalizing and localizing the WPS agenda;
- Supporting donor reporting and compliance; and
- Assisting with the substantive and technical preparation and operations of online meetings, workshops, and seminars.
Desired Qualifications: graduate students and recent college graduates are invited to apply; current undergraduates may also be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for people from diverse cultures and backgrounds;
- Knowledge of gender, peace and conflict, and geopolitical interest/experience in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia;
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media platforms;
- Language proficiency valued (Arabic, Farsi, or French);
- Interest in and knowledge of gender; mediation; preventing/countering violent extremism; religion & peacebuilding; and
- Excellent writing, research and analytic skills.
Please send a cover letter (citing PCDN as the source of the posting) , resume, and two references to [email protected].