Program Associate, Innovation – Influence & New Frontiers
Program Associate, Innovation – Influence & New Frontiers
The Rockefeller Foundation (RF) is seeking a Program Associate, Innovation – Influence & New Frontiers (PA) to help translate our influence agenda into action through strategic communications and storytelling and to support grantmaking and partnership development to explore new frontiers.
As a PA, you will be involved in research, ideation, project management, and coordination in support of exploration of new frontier topic areas (e.g., responsible AI, digital transformation) and developing the team’s influence agenda. Curiosity, creativity, versatility, a global perspective, passion for innovative thinking and the potential to advance human progress are competencies that will make the PA successful in this role. A successful PA will have an ability to synthesize information from diverse sources on a range of topics and be able to think creatively about how to leverage that content for both internal and external purposes.
Grantmaking & Partnership Development:
- Support the team to scope new partnerships and execute and manage grants/contracts.
- Support grantmaking and contract negotiation processes in order to achieve team goals and objectives. This includes synthesizing information, writing concept notes and grant memos.
- Track grantee and contractor deliverables and reporting.
- Work with grantees to understand and distribute lessons from their work.
Strategic Communication, Research, and Content Development:
- Support the MD, Director, and other team members with strategic content development, curation, and storytelling across the Innovation team.
- Support the development of a strategic communications plans in partnership with RF’s Communications, Policy, and Advocacy team and external partners.
- Help devise and execute content development tactics, including articles and blogs, presentations, speaker series, etc.
- Support the commissioning, editing, writing, oversight of design and production of content relevant to the activities and impact of the Innovation team. This may include impact stories, content capture from convenings and Bellagio residents, content placement to engage the Bellagio alumni network.
- Develop briefings for internal and external audiences on new frontiers topics (e.g., responsible AI, digital transformation).
Internal & External Engagement:
- Connect with other RF teams regarding mutual areas of insight and innovations.
- Organize meetings, workshops and other events in support of the team’s research and action agenda.
- Write blog posts, create infographics and other external and internal-facing knowledge sharing products.
- Represent the Foundation at external events and meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., public policy, global affairs, communications, journalism).
- Master’s/Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a research, communications or strategy-related role, with at least one year in a relevant sector, such as in the public sector, management consulting, international development, philanthropy, or strategic communications.
- Prior experience in or familiarity with philanthropy/grantmaking and/or strategic communications
- Experience creating briefings on complex topics for non-experts.
- Experience organizing meetings and convenings and engaging with high level stakeholders.
- Experience with complex project management.
- Content Knowledge: Understanding of basic issues and players in international development and/or RF’s program areas of Health, Food, Energy Access, and Equity and Economic Opportunity. Knowledge of technology tools that enable effective communication and storytelling is desired.
- Analysis: Ability to analyze problems and solutions from a variety of perspectives (political, economic technological, anthropological, legal) as evidenced by a diverse academic background in a relevant field (public policy, global affairs, communications, journalism) and/or equivalent work experience. Ability to research, synthesize and integrate disparate pieces of data, analysis, and information into thoughtful briefs for internal decision making and external influence.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills to convey complex information appropriately to stakeholders with different backgrounds and needs.
- Decision-Making: Ability to multi-task and dynamically set work priorities among competing needs; comfort with a changing work environment.
- Execution: Strong project management skills; meets deadlines; sense of urgency and responsibility; ability to multi-task and work under pressure; detail oriented.
- Integration: Accesses functional and substantive expertise organizationally; demonstrate inclusiveness as part of a team that values diversity and collaboration.
- Leadership: Ability to think innovatively and creatively; negotiation skills; demonstrates accountability.
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation; interpersonal abilities; intercultural knowledge and appreciation; strategic partnership building.
- Strategic Ability: Anticipates future opportunities and consequences; demonstrates innovative approach to work; ability to organize complexity into coherent plan.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Win an Autographed Copy of the Groundbreaking Book, A Human Algorithm: How Artificial Intelligence is Redefining Who We Are
PCDN is proud to partner with leading innovator, scholar, lawyer
Dignity not destitution An ‘Economic Rescue Plan For All’ to tackle the Coronavirus crisis and rebuild a more equal world
Dignity not destitution An ‘Economic Rescue Plan For All’ to