Burundi Scale Innovations Associate
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Scale Innovations Associate will design and measure the success of a portfolio of new services aimed at increasing the effectiveness of our program. Most importantly, you will grow our cooperatives program and explore new avenues to integrate market access into our work. You will report to the Manager of our Impact Division.
Implement a strategy for cooperatives and market access
- Define and implement a long-term vision to support cooperatives and provide market access to over 100,000 member farmers
- Set Objectives and Annual Key Results (ORCs) to ensure the department delivers high impact results.
- Work closely with the agricultural training team of the Field Operations Department and the M&E team to create a vision for improved training and adoption of beneficial practices by farmers.
Manage cooperative and marketing programs
- Establish a long-term plan and timeline for cooperative expansion
- Identify research questions to assess the potential impact and feasibility of adding new cooperatives to our program
- Identify and implement the most promising market access opportunities for cooperatives
- Manage a team to support the cooperative project
- Coordinate the efforts of multiple departments to promote the integration of cooperatives into our core program functions
- Manage government relations around cooperatives and ensure that our cooperative project remains in line with government priorities
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- At least two years of work experience. Preferably successful entrepreneurial experience, for example, starting fieldwork in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, or solid achievements within a volunteering position (VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc.)
- University degree at Bachelor / Baccalaureate level. A diploma focusing on the following subjects is preferred: International development, agriculture, environmental sciences, public administration, business administration
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is required.
- Experience managing trials, including data analysis, is preferred.
- Leadership experience, whether on or off the job.
- Willingness to commit to living in a rural setting for at least two years.
- Work experience of at least one year in a developing country is preferred.
- Language skills – English (required), French (required), Kirundi (preferred)
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
5 July 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organizations mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.