Communications and Grant Compliance Associate
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for a highly capable project manager with experience in stakeholder management and grant funding compliance to manage a seed consortium in Rwanda.
Rwanda will reduce and eventually eliminating seed imports soon and is therefore investing in domestic seed production. One Acre Fund is excited to be part of this initiative, and is partnering with three Rwandan seed companies, an international seed company and the Rwandan government to quickly scale up domestic hybrid maize production through a consortium. This program will provide hybrid seed to over a million farmers and create tens of millions of dollars of impact by increased harvest for Rwandan farm households.
The Communications and Compliance Associate will bring a wealth of stakeholder management and grant funding management to this consortium of seed actors in the Rwanda market. You will ensure that our activities are compliant to our funding agents, that stakeholders are well managed, and that our project targets are achieved. You will be essential to the success of this consortium!
- Organize and lead bi-annual partnership meetings for core partnership
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports and action plans of the project in collaboration with sub-grantees
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of the project activities to achieve our goals
- Organize and host important partners and leaders touring the production facility
- Represent OAF at national and district forums; seed task force meetings; sectoral coordination meetings, etc.
- Collaborate with sub-grantee project coordinators to achieve project targets
- Ensure work-plans, budgets, and budget expenditure are implemented following donor requirements, internal control procedures, financial management guidelines, and country regulations
- Liaise between the seed partnerships team, the government relations team, the business development and the implementing partner staff to ensure that reporting criteria and schedules are achieved
- Attend coordination forums and networking sessions to ensure project operations are aligned with similar efforts
- Provide regular updates on project implementation to key internal leaders and stakeholders
- Monitor potential risks and challenges and proactively find solutions in collaboration with all partners
- Promote experience sharing and cross-learning among the implementation partners;
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Strong work experience: 4+ years work experience in international development with a good understanding of project management and coordination. Experience with grant funding management or coordination would be considered a great asset.
- Professional/technical skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills builds strong relationships with all partners and collaborates well
- Excellent written & presentation skills
- Understand Rwanda Seed Sector
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office
- Manage a complex and demanding workload
- Experience in grants management or budget management & administration would be ideal
- Project management – including experience organizing and running stakeholder meetings
- Responsiveness to feedback: The ability to act on both positive and redirecting feedback is the fastest way to grow. You will be expected to use feedback received as a chance to improve and give constructive feedback.
- Humility: In everything One Acre Fund does, we put farmers first. We do this by approaching our work and individual growth with humility, efficiency, and compassion.
- Language: Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English is required
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
50% Kigali, Rwanda and 50% Nyagatare, Rwanda
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes; Rwanda Country Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/53d94nbsk6skcmqz
In Episode 19 of Season 6, Ryan shares 9 tips
by Elisabeth Kvitashvili (bio below) Three years ago, a friend