Senior Programme Specialist
Want to use your project management skills and your knowledge of education to integrate play as a central part of how children learn? And would you like to work with international partners across low and high-income countries to do so?
Are you ready to contribute to making a vision come to life?
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
Welcome to a Global Programmes expert team As our new senior initiative specialist, you will join passionate profiles like yourself in the Global Programmes team. We are focused on establishing and deepening learning through play practice for children (aged 0-12) across the globe in both stable and crisis contexts.
Take a holistic approach to driving projects
As part of the Play & Tech initiative and Playful Schools Initiative, you will oversee a range of strategic partnerships and support the on-going development of contextual knowledge, technical rigor, evidence creation, relationship development and advocacy opportunities. Your responsibilities include:
• Supporting initiative development and planning
• Project and grant management, monitoring and delivering results
• Technical and operational leadership to initiative development, realisation, final review and closing
• Advocacy, networking and partnership building, managing internal as well as external stakeholders, e.g. NGOs, research institutions, schools and teacher networks
The tech and Play Initiative is currently scaling to 5 different countries and as a result, you can expect to travel approximately 40 – 50 days a year.
A background in education and project management
We imagine that you bring:
• 5+ years of professional experience in an education-related field, e.g. teaching, school leadership, education technology, Ministry of Education or education NGO
• High level of understanding of curriculum development and active pedagogies with and without the use of education technology
• Strong project/portfolio management skills and experience
• Experience from working in a diverse setting – both when it comes to multicultural contexts and low and high-income contexts
• Strong written and spoken English
Embark with us on our journey
In the LEGO Foundation we know creating change for the lives of children is a team effort. Therefore, we are looking for colleagues who have a true collaborative mindset and who strive to achieve synergies across functional areas of expertise. Equal to working collaboratively, we also expect that you align activities in with our overall priorities, take ownership of problems as they arise and relentlessly drive progress. We are creating change in complex and changing environments, where our agility is key to ensuring the greatest impact. So being curious, learning from experience and striving for improvement are all qualities we are looking for. Do you strive for the greater impact? Do you have a passion for Learning through Play? Are you ready to act as a role model for our values? Then you are the one we are looking for.
If you would like to join our team in Billund to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter in English.
• This position was posted early July 2020
• We review applications as of 1st August 2020
• We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and fill the position once we have found the right candidate.
• We start with the interviews beginning of August
Jennifer Bangoura shares tips on how to succeed in the
A brand new planner open next to me, music enveloping