Senior Research Associate – Ethiopia
This is a featured post on PCDN. Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
Laterite is a data, research and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donors, and government ministries and agencies. Our core activity sectors are: public health, agriculture, urbanization & migration, education, and youth & labor. We are also involved in projects with a focus on gender issues.
Learn more: www.laterite.com
Job description & key responsibilities
As a Senior Research Associate based in Ethiopia you will:
- Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis and follow-through.
- Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and innovative research methods.
- Build successful partnerships with our clients and establish Laterite as a trusted partner for public sector organizations.
- Mentor our growing research and data teams.
- Contribute to country-level strategic decisions such as which projects to pursue, team development, and how to increase the impact of our research.
Laterite is expanding rapidly, and we are open to the possibility of hiring exceptional candidates at a higher grade.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher who combines excellent technical skills with experience in project and team management.
Our future colleague has:
- A postgraduate degree (Masters or above) in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 5+ years of research or project management experience in education, youth, public health, agriculture and/or urbanization projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data collection and field teams.
- Proficiency in STATA. R and/or Python are an added value.
We invite you to submit your CV and complete our application form: https://bit.ly/SRA-May2020. Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
We will contact successful applicants to discuss next steps.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP.