Hands of Peace Palestinian Regional Manager
Hands of Peace is a U.S. based organization that empowers American, Israeli, and Palestinian youth to become agents of change.
The Palestinian Regional Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing engagement with the Palestinian alumni, participants, potential participants, and their families. This position leads Hands of Peace efforts in the Middle East in coordination with the Regional Managers for the Jewish-Israeli and Palestinian Citizens of Israel delegations. The Regional Manager will also represent Hands of Peace to donors, community members, media, and the government and nonprofit sectors. This position is based in Palestine.
Specific Duties Include:
(Note: Summer and Alumni Programming will be conducted primarily virtually in 2021, and we plan to return to in-person programming in 2022. Specifics of these duties will be adjusted accordingly).
• Recruit and select 15-20 Palestinian teenagers for participation in a summer peacebuilding program in the United States; recruit and select alumni and chaperones to assist in the program; coordinate delegation travel and orientation, including communication with participants and parents.
• In coordination with the other Regional Managers and U.S. based staff, develop and implement uninational and multinational training and workshops that deliver life-stage appropriate skill-building experiences for alumni.
• Provide guidance on culturally and politically appropriate content for our communications, website, and social media.
• Outreach to potential partner organizations and networks to support alumni programming.
• Participate in outreach and development activities, including fundraising events and donor meetings as requested.
• Support Adult and Alumni multi-narrative trips to Israel and Palestine.
• Work collaboratively with team members in Chicago, San Diego, Israel, and Palestine in implementing the duties above.
• Fluent in Arabic and English; strong written communication skills in both languages
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3-5 years of experience in cross-cultural Israeli-Palestinian relations, education, peacebuilding, or conflict-resolution
• Experience working with youth/young adults
• Experience creating curricula and content for dialogue, empowerment, and education programs; event planning/management
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Knowledge of historical and current events in both Israeli and Palestinian societies
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dropbox, Zoom, database, registration, and comfortable learning new technological skills.
• Strong analytical skills and proven ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent public speaking and networking skills, comfortable with community outreach
• Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and balance competing priorities
• Willing to travel within the region and to the United States as required; willing to work flexibly and virtually across time zones.
• Proficiency in Hebrew
• Experience planning and managing virtual education programs
Please submit your resume/CV and a cover letter (please cite PCDN as the source of th posting in your application) explaining your qualifications for the position via email to [email protected] Please direct any questions to that email address.
Building bridges of understanding between diverse communities is fundamental to the mission of Hands of Peace. Our staff, participants, and volunteers come from myriad backgrounds and unique perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religious identity, secular identity, gender, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.