Community Engagement Associate
Are you passionate about providing top-notch customer service to a community of impressive nonprofit partners? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can support partners from all over the world?
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
GlobalGiving is looking for a Community Engagement Associate to join our team.
You will be responsible for maintaining service level agreements (SLAs) for timely response to donor inquiries (via email, phone, chat, and case management systems like Salesforce and Zendesk). You’ll have the opportunity to engage our users whenever possible. We want people to smile, laugh, share, and inspire others as a result of their interactions with GlobalGiving.
The successful candidate will follow customer service best practices and will train the team to represent GlobalGiving’s values and mission through every interaction.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
- WOWing Users, Clearing Queues: Be the lead on the team in responding to customer inquiries via email, phone, social media, case systems, and any other forms of communication, ensuring a timely and thoughtful response to all users.
- Approving Content: Work with thousands of organizations to approve their earth-changing projects so they can start fundraising and create impact on the ground. Read and provide feedback to thousands of nonprofit partners on their projects reports, which update donors on their progress in the field.
- Scaling Systems: Identify and implement improvements to streamline our customer service procedures and systems to allow us to serve more users while improving our SLAs, and saving time.
- Welcoming New Partners: Assist with the onboarding of grantees to the GlobalGiving community, including writing welcome content, ensuring their understanding of the GlobalGiving dashboard, and answering their questions through emails, calls, and consultations.
- Obsessing over the Customer Journey: Know and understand the various paths to conversion for different customers, recommending and implementing improvements at various steps along the way.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
- 1-3 years experience with customer service, retail, or food service industry, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience with managing customer service queues and calls
- A friendly and professional telephone presence, and the ability to handle difficult customers with grace
- A passion for WOWing GlobalGiving’s customers
- Excellent writing and editing skills and an ability to multi-task with uncompromising work quality
- A positive attitude, sense of humor, and desire to change the world
- A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
- Ideal candidates may also have fluency or professional proficiency in one or more foreign languages; Spanish or French preferred.
- Academic or work experience in the fields of nonprofit management, international development, communications, or fundraising a plus.
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $40k to $50k.
Benefits include flexible work hours, remote work options, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, “Today, my work helped more than 700 kids get their essential health and educational needs met.” (One of many true stories.) And of course, we’ve also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Community Engagement Manager and will be filled remotely for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. Once in-office operations can safely resume, this role will be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of the position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.