Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application
At Resetting the Table, we don’t just accept diversity of background, identity, or point of view – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our work, and our community. RTT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment regardless of race, color, ideology, gender, age, religion, or any personal characteristics. All aspects of employment are decided based on qualifications, merit, and organizational need.
ABOUT RESETTING THE TABLE
Resetting the Table (RTT) equips leaders and communities with tools and skills to address entrenched political divisions, transforming political disagreement into a source of strengthened relationship, creative problem-solving, and collective insight. Informed by combined expertise in the fields of mediation, conflict transformation, trauma therapy, and social research, RTT has brought together more than 55,000 Americans for courageous and constructive communication in partnership with thousands of organizations in 49 states. We have become a leading innovator and resource in the bridge-building field, and our method for building “healthy conflict” in communities and religious congregations is nationally recognized and highly sought after.
At RTT, we see the motivation, growth, and well-being of our team members as a critical ingredient to our success. Our mission-driven workplace culture is dedicated to excellence, authentic collegial care, and investment in the professional development of each team member.
RTT recently completed a strategic planning process and has charted a bold path forward for tackling the challenges that toxic polarization presents to our country and communities. We are seeking a highly motivated Finance and Administrative Coordinator to join our dynamic, mission-driven team.
As the Finance and Administrative Coordinator, you will be responsible for tracking and managing all financial data and will provide support for the Senior Director of Operations and C-suite team with various administrative and HR functions. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience in nonprofit accounting and tremendous attention to detail to contribute to a growing nonprofit organization with nation-wide impact.
Financial Records and Bookkeeping (50%)
- Maintain financial records and enter day-to-day financial transactions in QuickBooks
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, general ledger, and balance sheet
- Review financial statements for irregularities and work to resolve them
- Process and maintain records for all accounts payable and receivable, including the following:
- Create, send, and track invoices
- Pay vendors and contractors
- Process and record all payments
- Prepare and record check deposits, wires, ACH, and EFT transactions
- Review staff expense reports and process reimbursements
- Review and code organizational and staff expenses via credit card
- Assist the Senior Director of Operations and external accountants in financial reporting and compliance, including:
- Quarterly and annual financial statements
- Financial reports to funders
- Annual federal, state, and local tax returns, including Form 990
- Annual 1099 preparation and other required forms
- Annual audit
- Maintain digital filing and organization of all financial files, documents, and records according to document retention policies, utilizing cloud storage system
Support HR and Technology Functions (25%)
- Provide support for human resources functions such as onboarding, benefit enrollment, insurance, employee records, payroll processing, and time-off tracking
- Onboard new staff and develop protocols for virtual systems for remote team
- Assist with IT for virtual programs
- Manage organizational digital filing systems
Administrative Support (25%)
- Support administrative needs of C-suite team members, including scheduling meetings, managing calendars, arranging travel, and tracking and reporting expenses
- Manage document flow through DocHub (creating documents, requesting signatures, communicating with signees)
- Ensure team members have access to office equipment and supplies as needed, including tracking home office expenses
- Tackle one-off projects, large and small, including ad hoc administrative support for other senior team members
Note to Applicants: We encourage you to apply even if you do not feel that you meet 100% of the listed qualifications. If this job excites you and aligns with your values and aspirations, we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to your application.
- Associate degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or a related field – or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Meticulously detail-oriented and highly organized, with careful attention to accuracy and timeliness, including when doing tasks that may be repetitive. This role is about keeping people and systems organized.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and take initiative to move projects forward
- Reliability and desire to learn new skills and systems
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Comfort working both collaboratively and independently across time zones, with a spirit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with a variety of audiences and communicate complex data clearly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Zoom, and G Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Embrace of Resetting the Table’s mission and methodology
Preferred, but not required:
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Experience working with nonprofits
- Previous bookkeeping experience and understanding of techniques and procedures used in nonprofit accounting
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity and interest in nonprofit management, conflict transformation, and/or politics
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000. Final compensation is determined based on level of experience and cost of living where the candidate resides.
Benefits package includes:
- Health benefits, life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- Generous package of vacation, sick, and personal days, along with paid time off for federal and religious holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend for home office expenses of up to $1,000
- 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution
- Support of caring colleagues invested in each other’s growth and development
HIRING PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to [email protected] with “Finance and Administrative Coordinator – YOUR NAME” in the subject line. No phone calls please.