Executive Assistant I; Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice
Posting #: 2620 Position Status: Full-time regular Location: San Diego Position Type: Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies, Staff
Position Title & Department:
Executive Assistant I, Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
Come support the Kroc IPJ’s efforts to end cycles of violence and build peace – globally and in the San Diego-Tijuana region. As Executive Assistant at the Kroc IPJ you will support programs and research initiatives with real impact. And as part of the growing Kroc IPJ team at the Kroc School, you will contribute to charting the Kroc IPJ’s future course in an extraordinarily interesting and exciting time to be working on issues of peace and justice.
The Executive Assistant supports all operations, administrative, and budgetary support functions of the Kroc IPJ; supports Kroc IPJ programming; manages Kroc IPJ comms and the Kroc IPJ website; and contribute ideas and experience to office-wide discussions of peace and justice and to Kroc IPJ planning processes. This position works under the general supervision of the Executive Director of the Kroc IPJ and has immediate supervision of work study students, other student workers, and volunteers as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Administrative and Budgetary Support
• Provide executive assistant support to Kroc IPJ leadership.
• Manage office operations functions including purchasing of supplies, maintenance office equipment, coordination of staff meetings, and management of all other office systems and processes.
• Manage budgeting and financial management processes for the Kroc IPJ, including expense reports and reconciliation of expenses, managing accounts payable functions, and overseeing contracting and procurement processes.
• Manage logistics and travel arrangements for the Kroc IPJ staff and visitors.
• Hire, train, and supervise work study students as needed.
• Coordinate special projects as requested.
• Support Kroc IPJ program staff in managing online and offline events.
• Provide support research dissemination processes.
• Provide support for fundraising processes.
• Provide other program support as needed.
Comms and Website Support
• Manage Kroc IPJ social media accounts.
• Manage Kroc IPJ website. Perform simple updates and edits and manage more complex website editing and updating with Kroc School and USD points of contact.
• Manage publication of the Kroc IPJ newsletter.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years of work experience.
• Experience with budget and financial management systems and processes.
• Experience with communications and website management preferred.
• Experience with office management systems and processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer fluency and proficiency in the use of business process software, Google suite, Office suite, and social media and website design tools.
Performance Expectations – Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, including ability to be given desired outcomes, instead of specific tasks, and then develop strategies to meet those outcomes.
• Experience working with and serving a diverse community.
• Ability to initiate, coordinate and complete various projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; work in a fast paced and occasionally high-pressure environment.
• Ability to interact appropriately with colleagues at all levels within the University, as well as politicians, community leaders, and guests from local, national and international communities.
• Knowledge of or ability to rapidly learn relevant software programs (Oracle, Noetix, Cascade Server, Advance Database).
• Knowledge of or ability to rapidly learn University policies and procedures.
• Ability to work cooperatively with employees not under her/his direct supervision.
• This person must enjoy contact with the public, be skilled at problem solving, and possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Mac or Windows computer and various software applications. Telephone, fax machine, photocopier, 10-key calculator and other standard office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
$19.00 – $24.00 per hour; Excellent Benefits. The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter (citing PCDN as the source of the posting in your application) and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed. The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community. The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: June 19, 2020 Pacific Daylight Time Applications close: Open until filled
E7S7: How to build a (very) successful career combining the arts and technology for good with Sara Lahayne
A career in the arts is hard enough, a career in
Register now for PeaceCon 2020 December 7-9 2020 The Alliance