• Director, Communications
• Washington, DC
◦ Durham, NC
• Job Summary:
Oversees development and coordination of all communications programs to promote company programs and further the company’s objectives. Consults with other areas of management or business units to use web designs, and new technologies to disseminate company information internally and externally. Manages the preparation of aids, controls public relations projects, and recommends the media best suited for programs or services. Interacts with vendors to produce promotional materials. Defines communication objectives and strategies, and translates strategies into communication tactics, including project management, planning, scheduling and budgeting. Collaborates with Business Team members to plan, develop and produce promotional tools and communication vehicles to support corporate marketing, and program efforts. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
◦ Oversees the development and implementation of the organization’s communication strategy, plans, project priorities, and aligns in alignment with corporate strategic plan and department plans.
◦ Directs media outreaches, press strategies, press releases, responds to inquiries and publicizing the organization’s programs, activities, and community involvement.
◦ Establishes and maintains digital media and community relations.
◦ Develops and monitors budgets, operational plans, training, and policies and procedures to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the communications department.
◦ Creates and supports company business units with communication capacities, and ensuring a high international profile for their work.
◦ Serves on the Operations Management and Strategic Review Committees and other leadership teams as needed to provide expertise with strategic goals of the company.
◦ Identifies communications project priorities and introduces new innovations, technologies, and methods to improve quality and processes.
◦ Performs other duties assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
◦ Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with public relations and communications.
◦ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
◦ Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
◦ Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
◦ Ability to influence, motivates, negotiates and collaborates well with others.
◦ Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
• Problem Solving & Impact:
◦ Decisions and actions have a significant impact on the long-term success of the company with management and division operations.
◦ Problems encountered are complex and highly varied, and non-recurring requiring creative approaches to resolve them.
◦ Exercises own judgment to set goals and determine strategies to achieve results that align with organizational goals.
◦ Sets goals and budgets for department in achieving company goals.
◦ Leads coordination of functional areas to address and resolve communication issues and development.
◦ Typically reports to a Chief Officer.
◦ Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Related Field.
◦ Certification in communications management or public relations.
◦ Typically requires 10+ years of management in public relations or communications experience.
◦ Demonstrated experience in marketing and communications within public health or development.
◦ Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
◦ Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
◦ Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
• Typical Physical Demands:
◦ Typical office environment.
◦ Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
◦ Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
◦ Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
• Travel Requirements:
◦ Less than 10%
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
◦ Requisition – 2020202159
• FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories. As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed. FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.
This episode was brought to you thanks to the Rotary Peace
Call for Applications: Master of Peace and Conflict Studies at Conrad Grebel University College affiliated with University of Waterloo
This is a sponsored post on PCDN. The Master of