1. Work with volunteers to ensure a robust training schedule, proper coordination of
trainers, registration forms, feedback forms, and communications with
RSVP’s/participants and manage interns.
2. Coordinate unarmed civilian protection deployments, training, and initiatives, including
participation in Shanti Sena Network.
3. Upkeep of the website and monitor the social media strategy.
4. If there is time, perform outreach to organizations to communicate the DCPT offerings
and track level of interest on an excel spreadsheet.
5. Take all four core modules (Nonviolent Communication, Active Bystander Intervention,
Restorative Justice, Unarmed Civilian Protection) early on in the position, if not
previously done so.
6. This position reports to the Director.
1.Dependable, consistent, encouraging, creative, and clear communicator.
2.Commitment to nonviolence and growing these habits within one’s self, the organization, and the broader society.
3.Considerable experience working with staff. [1-2 yrs. suggested]
4.Experience in unarmed civilian protection and accompaniment.
5.Experience working with volunteers and interns is a plus.
6.Office software skills in Word, Excel, Google Docs as well as familiarity with or capacity for Paypal, Quickbooks, Facebook, Twitterand Mailchimp.
Hours: 20 hours per month ($500 month)Rate: $25 per hour
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
Published 21. Sep 2020 crossposted from NRC Global Coronavirus More
Frustrated by the field experience requirement? Curious how to get
Published: 9th September 2020 Crossposted from Oxfam Learn more United