About Creative Learning
Creative Learning (CL) is a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. Since its inception in 1977, Creative Learning has assisted communities, non-governmental organizations, and educational institutions at home and abroad to foster change that has a lasting social impact. Focusing on communities with pressing human needs, Creative Learning enhances the capacity of local organizations around the world to improve the lives of people in their communities. Through the creation of people-to-people partnerships, we are especially dedicated to empowering peacemakers and artisans, supporting their economic and social
The Project Coordinator (PC) provides support for CL’s Pakistan Community Resilience Research Network (CRNet), an on- and off-line network of researchers and practitioners working to build community resilience and inhibit the development of ideology-driven violence. The network has local chapters in Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi. Members conduct and disseminate research and exchange knowledge via meetings and conferences. An online network provides additional trainings and resources. The PC serves as a key role in project implementation, providing support to CL’s Director of Field Operations and local partner. The PC supports all project functions, including technical implementation, contracts, finance, reporting, and M&E. S/he contributes to the project team efforts to assure that all project activities are executed in compliance with contractual and budget requirements, while achieving or exceeding expectations for project results.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Director Projects-Field Implementation, and will be responsible for:
· Contribute to technical implementation and ensure achievement of programmatic goals and results.
· Coordinate with CL’s local partner and project participants to ensure effective and compliant implementation of all activities.
· Produce narrative and financial reports.
· Support the development of the network’s online portal.
· Support M&E related tasks.
· Manage the documentation and filing system.
· Provide logistical and administrative support.
· Perform other tasks as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, e.g. international studies, peace studies, development studies, political sciences, anthropology, or related fields (required).
· 2+ years of experience in international program design and implementation; or Graduate degree in relevant field.
· Proven skills in project coordination and organizational operations.
· Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgement and ability to work independently.
· Strong organizational skills: excellent attention to detail, able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
· Commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, local partners, project participants and donors.
· Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation abilities.
· Ability to travel within Pakistan.
· Competency in variety of Windows-based programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Word Press desired but not required.
· Fluency in Urdu and English.
· Eligible to work legally in Pakistan.
Duration and Salary
The Project Coordinator will be contracted until end of June starting immediately with a possibility of extension. S/he will be expected to work at 60% (ca. 24 hours per week) and will be compensated USD 780 per month. This position is based in Islamabad but will be remoted until further notice due to Covid-19. While Creative Learning is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to submit applications.
To apply, please send brief cover letter (citing PCDN as the source of the post) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This episode was brought to you thanks to the Rotary Peace
Call for Applications: Master of Peace and Conflict Studies at Conrad Grebel University College affiliated with University of Waterloo
This is a sponsored post on PCDN. The Master of