Consultor/a experto/a en Innovación y manejo de tecnologías para pequeñas productoras
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
HZERO Innovation Hub Coordinator
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
|Partnerships & Strategic External Relations|
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
Bogotá, D.C., Colombia
6 months, extensions can be considered.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Regional Innovation Hub HZERO is being established within the framework of Innovation for Nutrition (I4N), a novel and visionary initiative of the Government of Colombia and the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) to actively promote the fight against malnutrition in Colombia and the Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) region.
HZERO is a regional hub for innovation specifically focusing on food security and nutrition, based in Colombia and supporting the entire LAC region. HZERO aims at generating meaningful Food Security and Nutrition (FSN) solutions for the region’s most vulnerable populations. It builds on the extensive experience of WFP’s Innovation Accelerator based in Munich, and it will be unique in terms of its very specific focus on SDG2 achievement in the region.
By leveraging a broad set of alliances with existing institutions, capacities and innovation ecosystems, and by focusing on disruptive solutions that empower territories and communities, HZERO aims at identifying, testing, supporting, and scaling up innovative solutions, accelerating and potentially replicating successful experiences, thus contributing to the fight against hunger and malnutrition in the continent and at global level.
HZERO will leverage innovation opportunities and transformational change among young entrepreneurs, youth and women, local leaders and communities, indigenous and ethnic groups, fostering a culture of comprehensive, relevant, people-centered and socially meaningful and sustainable interventions over time.
HZERO will function as a WFP led and managed regional innovation platform and solutions acceleration aimed at supporting the activation and alignment of efforts aimed at achieving SDG2 in LAC countries, through public-private partnerships and the strong engagement of civil society actors, communities, academia and the international cooperation, among others.
Reporting to the Country Director supported by Partnership unit, the incumbent’s responsibilities will include:
- Establish and develop HZERO Innovation hub:
- Under the guidance of WFP Colombia Country Office management, define and develop the necessary structure, roles of the responsibilities of the various stakeholders contributing to the work of the HZERO Innovation Hub.
- Ensure linkages between WFP Colombia Country Office and the Innovation Accelerator in Munich to facilitate HZERO set-up phase.
- Design and build the HZERO Innovation Hub processes and capabilities in line with Regional strategic priorities and with an emphasis on innovation, fundraising support, knowledge and best practice sharing
- Lead and supervise a dedicated team, develop work plans, set objectives, monitor KPIs, and ensure appropriate development to enable and encourage high performance.
- Coach project teams from ideation to implementation (as applicable), using methodologies such as human-centred design, lean start-up, project management and business modelling.
- Lead and manage the portfolio of innovations. Provide technical guidance and project management support to relevant teams to ensure that field level agreements, service contracts, and other core documents employed in engaging with partners meet requirements and are inline with corporate policies and guidance.
- Advise innovation teams on key decisions regarding product features and technology elements;
- Improve tools, systems and processes that have been developed for beneficiary services and communication with beneficiaries, or for use within the office, while leveraging most recent innovation best practices.
- Define key performance indicators and milestones for the innovation hub, and for the portfolio innovation projects, and assure their implementation, impact measurement and reporting.
- Strengthen innovation capacity at Country Office level, enabling access and advising on change management practices related to the adoption of innovation and transfer knowledge on new approaches and methodologies.
- Ensure HZERO innovation hub growth by designing and building Innovation Hub processes and capabilities, such as:
- Definition of a partnership and local ecosystem engagement strategy, including involving actors from the private sector, government institutions, academia, civil society organizations and international cooperation actors.
- Definition of HZERO’s business model and structure.
- Elaboration of a mapping of innovative and disruptive national and regional initiatives on Food Security & Nutrition.
- Elaboration of a HZERO community-tailored innovation accompaniment mechanism that promotes an inclusive and people-centered approach to nutrition and food security and leverage the richness and diversity of people’s identities, territories, ecosystems, foods, products and ancestral cultures as a powerful mean to achieve Zero Hunger in the region.
- Resource mobilization and seed funding efforts, ensuring these opportunities are made known and WFP Colombia Country Office colleagues have the support they need to pursue these funds.
- Ensures the preparation of HZERO’s first key innovation milestones in 2021 and 2022.
- Ensure internal coordination and collaboration, and strengthen innovation capacity at WFP Colombia Country Office and regional level:
- Understand the key workstreams of WFP and ensure synergetic efforts with colleagues from the WFP Colombia Country Office.
- Enable access and advice on use of innovation methodologies, such as human centered design, lean start up etc. and innovation process from ideation, sourcing, sprinting and scaling.
- Support resource mobilization and seed funding efforts, ensuring these opportunities are made known and WFP Colombia Country Office has the needed support need to pursue these funds.
- Build strong partnerships and create organizational alignment by ensuring linkages between CO and the central Innovation and Knowledge Management function at WFP, INKA, especially with the Innovation Accelerator in Munich to help CO and projects reach growth/scale.
- Builds a strong local innovation platform, network and ecosystem
- With the support of the Innovation Advisor, builds strong partnerships within the regional and national ecosystem to drive forward innovations with potential for Zero Hunger and prioritizing a community-based approach.
- Stay abreast of local innovation workshop/bootcamps/initiatives that can be useful for HZERO.
- Cultivate the collaboration with the World Economic Forum (WEF) “Colombia Food Innovation Hub” and ensures its articulation with HZERO’s activities.
- Ensure coordination with other innovation initiatives in Colombia and in the LAC region relevant to HZERO’s objectives.
- Represent the HZERO Innovation hub at public events and towards partners and donors as requested by WFP Country Director and WFP Partnerships team.
- Support strategic evolution of HZERO and its innovation community
- Provide guidance to support staff and other CO colleagues, acting as internal champion for innovation
- Execute any other task required to support the activities of scale-up enablement and the Accelerator or regional innovation activities.
- Proactively capture and disseminate learnings from implementation of innovative approaches.
- Perform any other relevant duties.
VALUE AND PAYMENT:
This contract corresponds to a Consultancy – Level 2. Payments will be made monthly.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in business, innovation, design, technology or other related degrees.
Min. 8 years (of which 3 are international) of professional and experience in project management, leading complex operations, with at least three years spent at the country / implementation level in developing countries. Experience in innovation structures such as an innovation accelerator or working directly with start-ups, is a plus.
Proven Track of experience working in a large-scale organization, experience in leading small teams with ambitious goals, ability to promote alliances and build powerful networks.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in innovation, change management, facilitating stakeholders’ transition into new processes and reinforcing and sustaining change.
- Interest in technology innovations (e.g. mobile apps, blockchain, artificial intelligence) and business model innovations (e.g. innovative finance, crowdsourcing)
- Proven experience in innovation project life cycle – from ideation, minimum viable product, testing, prototyping and implementation and innovation methodologies such as human centered design.
- Startup experience or startup mentality. Worked or led cross-functionally and get things done in a scrappy and hands-on way
- Proven track driving projects – effectively delivering impactful elements of projects in fast-moving environment, ideally for new businesses, new business models, startups
- Sound analytical abilities and problem-solving skills. Able to generate new and original solutions to complex problems and to design new products ideas
- Strong conceptual thinking to develop new strategies & innovative projects
- Ability to influence people from different levels of the organization. Able to interact with a broad range of stakeholders and external audience with maturity and tact
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, with the ability to write strategy documents, to develop business plans and to write and deliver presentations
- Collaborative spirit, able to partner with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy
- Knowledge and understanding of UN’s role in development cooperation and full commitment and motivation to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Sets high-level of ambition for the project and own work to achieve impact for the hungry people we serve
- Proven team management experience.
Fluency in oral and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
Applications using P11 format are encouraged, and it may be found by typing “Fomato P11” in the search engine of your preference. Download it, fill it out, sign it and attach it to your application.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status, and is committed to achieving workplace diversity within its office in terms of
gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority social groups, indigenous groups and people with disability are equally encouraged to apply.
All employment applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Please visit the following website for more information on the work that WFP does.