The 9th Annual Radical Democracy Conference Call for Papers is out now! The New School for Social Research, NY
9th Annual Radical Democracy Conference The New School for Social
London (strongly preferred), New York or remote from other regions (possibly)
Who We Are
Co-Impact is a global philanthropy for systems change focused on supporting impact at scale. Our goal is to contribute to improving the lives of millions of people by advancing educational outcomes, improving people’s health, and providing economic opportunity to excluded communities in the Global South. Our values, goals, theory of change, and approach to partnerships and learning are articulated in our
Where You Fit
Co-Impact seeks a thoughtful and experienced person to (a) support a core set of our program partners to facilitate deep systems change, and (b) lead organization-wide learning, monitoring and evaluation to improve practice and attainment of results and contribute to global knowledge. We are looking for a person with deep roots of living and working in the Global South, intellectual curiosity and pragmatic operational skills. Our preference is for someone who has the right and ability to work in the U.K., out of our London office; in certain cases we will also consider candidates able to work out of our New York office or remotely from other regions.
You will need to demonstrate strategic acumen, an abiding curiosity and desire to learn, a keen sense of how organizations and individuals learn, excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical ability and rigor, and a high level of personal initiative. You will have the ability to work well in a distributed, diverse, deep-thinking and fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone with 12+ years of relevant experience in global development, including substantial experience living in, working in, and understanding the political economies of countries of the Global South.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Contribute to ongoing reflection and improvements to Co-Impact’s strategy and programs, theory and practice of systems change and organizational strengthening, and support model towards achieving shared goals.
· Identify, assess and recommend high-impact systems change grants.
· Support program partners to achieve greater strategic coherence and strengthen organizational capabilities.
· Monitor and manage grants, supporting program partners to develop and execute effective programs and to foster evaluation and adaptive learning towards achieving better outcomes.
· Review and synthesize program partner reports, prepare memos that succinctly highlight progress/setbacks, key lessons, and make evidence-informed recommendations for action.
· Develop Co-Impact’s program for learning, measurement and evaluation (LME) in ways that foster continual improvement and effectiveness among program partners and at Co-Impact, and that contribute to better philanthropic practice and global learning more broadly.
· Listen to and learn from program partners and peers; review and provide feedback to partners on their LME plans; and build strong relationships with and serve as trusted colleague to program partners and peers.
· Facilitate cross-learning among Co-Impact’s program partners and philanthropic peers; curate, document and communicate lessons about how effective systems change happens and how to support it.
· Support program partners to systematically and meaningfully seek feedback from people meant to benefit from their programs, and use the information to improve practice and communicate lessons back to people.
· Develop and continually update Co-Impact’s data and evidence dashboards.
· Perform other responsibilities and duties as requested by the VP, Programs.
Qualifications and Experience
· At least 12 years of professional experience in measurement and evaluation
· Knowledge of one or more of our three areas of program focus (education, health and economic opportunity) in the Global South.
· Substantial experience of living and working in and understanding political economies in the Global South.
· Experience with civil society, government or multilateral organizations, and/or philanthropy strongly preferred.
· A master’s degree or PhD in a relevant area.
· Significant experience in philanthropy or global development, motivated by addressing root causes, seeking justice and solving social problems at the systems level.
· Learning Orientation: Intellectually curious; demonstrated openness to new ideas and a diversity of perspectives; unafraid to admit and learn from failure.
· Practical Rigor: Ability to design and assess fit-for-purpose measurement/monitoring and evaluation frameworks that are user-friendly and help practitioners learn. Data and statistical analysis preferred.
· Strategic Agility: Ability to spot high-potential opportunities and facilitate the design of strategic approaches backed by evidence informed analysis.
· Organizational effectiveness: Evidence of delivering results through thoughtful business strategy, strong leadership, and sound understanding of operations.
· Decision Making: Demonstrated ability to gain sector insights with a wide variety of social sector experts and advisors, and making good judgements balancing data, experience and risk.
· Managing Action with Purpose and Values: Ability to motivate colleagues to use data to learn and practice adaptive management to achieve core purpose consistent with our values
· Results Orientation: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability and the ability to effectively multi-task.
· Interpersonal Savvy: Strong professional representation of Co-Impact, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation.
· Strong Moral Compass: Impeccable personal ethics and integrity.
· Communications: excellent written and oral communication skills, including storytelling and articulating complex and nuanced ideas in accessible and creative ways.
· Global Flexibility: Given global nature of organization, a willingness to be flexible in working hours and travel internationally.
· Language Proficiency: Fluency in English required, an ability to communicate in 1-2 additional global languages strongly preferred
· Perspective: Sense of humor and ability not to take oneself too seriously
This position is full time. Annual salary will be approximately GBP 115-140,000 plus generous benefits package (varies depending on location, but generally comprehensive) including significant allowance for paid time off.
Please send: 1) a one-page cover letter (please cite PCDN as the source of the posting), 2) a two- to three-page resume/CV, 3) a list of references, and 4) two samples of your best writing (or presentations or videos) to Recruiting@co-impact.org with the subject “Director, Programs and Learning.” In your cover letter, please state if you have a right to work in London, UK (or New York, USA).
Applications will be reviewed starting on December 2, 2019 and closed once a successful candidate is identified.
New Venture Fund Careers
Co-Impact is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Co-Impact team members hired in the U.S. are employed directly by NVF. Team members hired elsewhere are employed through a Professional Employment Organization (PEO) engaged by NVF.
9th Annual Radical Democracy Conference The New School for Social
This is a sponsored post on PCDN The Master of
This article originally ran on the website of the Kroc
40,000 subscribers already enjoy our premium stuff.