Civic Space Research Advisor
CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
The Research Advisor will play a critical role in the work of the Civic Space Research Cluster, by designing and supporting overall research approaches of the cluster and through in-depth data analysis of the CIVICUS Monitor research outputs.
- Diplomas/degrees in the following domains preferred:
- International relations
- At least five years of professional experience undertaking research on human rights.
- Strong quantitative and statistical analysis skills, with demonstrated skills in data management and original data analysis, including data cleaning and visualisations.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyse complex sets of information and reveal trends
- An understanding of international human rights frameworks related to fundamental freedoms of association, peaceful assembly and expression.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse, virtual team.
- Well-organised, with the ability to work independently.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to Apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on July 15, 2020. Interested candidates should email their application to
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role (please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application).
Short listed candidates will be contacted between July 21st and 24th and to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
Jennifer Bangoura shares tips on how to succeed in the
A brand new planner open next to me, music enveloping