Head- Deal Origination and Execution
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application
BayTree is an online marketplace that connects investors with early stage enterprises that create social impact. BayTree believes in finding market-based solutions for tackling some of the knotty problems facing our society today. It is co-founded and led by Anuradha Bajaj and Ramesh Venkat.
BayTree works with entrepreneurs in India who are making a difference across a range of sectors including financial inclusion, agriculture, healthcare, education, water, sanitation, clean energy, environment and women’s economic empowerment. They recognize that growing an early business is an exciting as well as a challenging process. By connecting these enterprises to the most suitable investors, they help them collaborate with like-minded partners to fulfill their capital needs and grow.
Baytree’s investor community includes both, ultra high net-worth individuals (uHNIs) and institutional investors, based in India and overseas. Investors have access to promising enterprises that are listed on their platform after a rigorous verification process by the BayTree team.
About the Role | Head- Deal Origination and Execution
The Head (Deal Origination and Execution) will play a key role in deal origination, management and closure. You will be part of a small team and work closely with the co-founders to identify prospective investments and manage the entire process from sourcing to closure. BayTree is seeking a committed and enthusiastic individual to head the entire life cycle of the deal. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and pursue profit with a purpose.
The Application Process
Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves an online screening of your candidature by our partner, Shortlist. Please continue to complete the application on the Link below:
[copy and paste this link on a new tab, please]
The screening process includes a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate our ability to do the job.
How You Will Make A Difference?
Key deliverables will include the following:
- Deal origination including cold outreach, developing partnerships, running campaigns, participating in business plan competitions to maximize deal flow.
- Run the P&L on deals.
- Showcase deals, develop investor syndicates, align different types of investors.
- Actively advise founders and investors on deal matters including valuation, key terms, due diligence, documentation to ensure timely execution and closure.
- Willingness to undertake bespoke projects including strengthening of BayTree’s network, brand and the tech platform.
- Ability to work independently and in an unstructured environment.
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum 6 years of experience with at least 4-5 years in Investment Banking, Corporate Finance or Venture capital with significant sell-side experience.
- Experience leading 7-8 deals with early-stage companies (~USD 1 – 30MM) end-to-end.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree/CA is strongly preferred).
- Comfort with standard investing terms and conditions, conducting due diligence, and deal documentation.
- Knowledge of Indian investment market/environment.
Preferred Requirements (Nice to Haves)
- Experience with or inclination towards impact investing.
- Experience working in an unstructured or startup environment.
Candidate Attribute (Cultural fit)
- A good sense of humor.
- Ability to build relationships and gain trust.
- A sense of openness and transparency.
- Able to work independently in an unstructured environment