Project Manager, National Entities Operations
Location – London, will also consider applicants from Africa, Europe, and Central Asia https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/regional-offices/
Salary grade and benefits will vary country dependent
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application.
This job is responsible for strengthening the operational and governance effectiveness of Amnesty International’s National Offices with the aim of ensuring that they can deliver an impactful human rights program of work. This role also leads on key special movement operational projects that require coordination with different global stakeholders aiming to improve effectiveness of the operating model.
Are you someone with experience managing international projects working with stakeholders in a distributed global environment? Alongside do you have the skills to design, implement and manage projects from inception to end, with a pro-active self-starter mentality and a keen ability to problem solve?
You will have sharp attention to detail, enjoy multitasking, and be comfortable working in unambiguous and often changing contexts. You should be confident in liaising with colleagues around the world on the national, regional, and global level, and with senior management. You can be trusted to handle confidential information and are good at establishing relationships with your colleagues.
- You will act as the operational focal point and point of contact for relevant projects related to National Offices working closely with the Regional Directors and the Director of Movement Building.
- Ensure that National Office systems and procedures are compliant and robust, in line with Amnesty’s Core Standards
- Support the National Offices in their transformation into membership-based organisations
- Facilitate reflection and ways forward regarding threats against Amnesty civic space and their consequences on Amnesty presences; evaluate the risks, the future scenarios and potential alternatives, in close collaboration with various movement stakeholders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate experience in International Project or Program Management including work planning, scope and requirements management and time management and in complex organisational project management with various stakeholders
- Have experience in risk and issue management with the ability to identify, analyse, track, manage, and resolve project risks that impact the ability to meet project objectives
- Ability to work within a distributed and remote environment and promote integration.
- Experience of operations management and planning, including working with financial, human resources and administrative functions, and with governance bodies
- Relevant professional qualifications such as the OGC Managing Successful Programmes and PRINCE2 is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of human rights, foreign policy, with a particular focus on BRICS/MINT countries would be desirable
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to apply via the following link- https://careers.amnesty.org/vacancy/3034/description
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.