Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application
The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) is seeking an organized, part-time Administrative Coordinator to work with our Senior Manager – Membership & Operations to support our global network of 140+ organizations working in 181 countries to end conflict, reduce violence, and build sustain peace. Our members include some of the world’s largest development organizations, most innovative academic institutions, and most influential humanitarian and faith-based groups. Named as the “number one influencer and change agent” among peacebuilding institutions worldwide, we build coalitions in critical areas of strategy and policy, develop an adaptive and rigorous evaluative culture, and build powerful partnerships and network to elevate the entire peacebuilding field. As the leading field builder, we tackle issues too large for any one organization to address alone.
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager – Membership & Operations and supports in office administration for AfP writ large. The Administrative Coordinator maintains office services by assisting in office administration, financial administration, and in donation and contribution maintenance alongside other administrative tasks as needed.
Distribution of Responsibilities
The Administrative Coordinator assists with a variety of tasks to support the organization and its staff including:
Office Administration (75%)
- Assist as necessary in planning and executing events and day-to-day operations of the office;
- Update and maintain policies and procedures to improve operations and function of AfP;
- Maintain records and organizational contacts in AfP’s Membership CRM;
- Monitor and procure needed supplies for office and employees;
- Maintain and organize all AfP documents in hard copy and digital
- Coordinate employee timesheets; and
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
Financial Administration (20%)
- Support AfP’s Banking portfolio through:
- Processing and depositing checks at SunTrust as needed;
- Managing vendor receipts and petty cash;
- Maintain and organize all AfP Vendors and Contracts;
- Coordinate per diem and other reimbursement forms;
- Liaise with Accountant on additional financial issues; and
- Other financial administrative tasks as needed.
Donation and Contribution Administration (5%)
- Ensure Board contributions and independent donations are accurately acknowledged and tracked including updating donation master lists and executing communication plan for all donations.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of office and/or administrative experience;
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Responds promptly to requests including via email and telephone;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to learn from constructive feedback;
- Proficiency with PCs using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and various internet search engines;
- Experience in website functions, such as Squarespace and CRM databases, multimedia and social media preferred; and
- Interest and passion for peacebuilding, international affairs, and/or conflict resolution.
Part-time in Washington, DC (walking distance to DuPont Metro)
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to [email protected], ATTN: Administrative Coordinator. Each attachment should be labeled “Last name, First name – [Document type].” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We are looking to fill this position as early as August 2021 and encourage well-qualified candidates to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Only applicants meeting the required qualifications for the position will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Alliance for Peacebuilding is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, as the Alliance for Peacebuilding does not sponsor work visas. The Alliance for Peacebuilding does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race, or disability.
As peacebuilders committed to social justice, we believe that drivers of violent conflict disproportionately hurt the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from lower income backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) is an EEO Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, AfP recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact [email protected] for assistance. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
Only those applicants who meet required qualifications will be considered. Those selected for further discussions will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only; no phone calls please.