Position Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Washington DC, or Los Angeles, or Sacramento/San Francisco
Start Date: ASAP, preferably around August 15, 2021
Miyamoto International (Miyamoto) is a global, multi-hazard engineering and disaster risk management firm that builds resilience to sustain economies, safeguard communities and save lives around the world. Built on decades of engineering expertise in the field, as well as frontline experience responding to more than 100 disasters, Miyamoto’s specialists support how partners address the economic, political, social, sustainability and resiliency challenges in disaster risk reduction and post-disaster recovery and reconstruction.
Miyamoto International is expanding its successful disaster risk reduction work in the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region and is seeking a highly qualified finance assistant to support the growing federal programs portfolio in the areas of accounts payable, financial management and reporting.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
Financial Management and Project Accounting:
· Thorough reviews of financial documentation, including expenses and invoices, corporate credit card reconciliation, petty cash management etc for donor compliance and Miyamoto requirements.
· Reviews monthly billing reports and process corrections (as needed), identified during the monthly invoicing process to bookings entered the accounting system, and undertakes end of month accounts payable process.
· Assist in inventory and commodity tracking management.
· Assist with creating new project codes upon award.
· Assist with compiling necessary data for donor payment requests and applying funds to relevant funding streams on Deltek Vision.
· As needed, support finance team with adhoc end of month tasks e.g., program invoicing, reviewing monthly projections, and updating forecast for revenue recognition.
· Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
· A minimum of 2 years relevant progressive experience in USAID funded International Development projects.
· Familiarity with FAR, CFR, and other USAID rules and regulations.
· A minimum of 2 years in Nonprofit or For Profit financial, recordkeeping and reporting experience
· Experience with detailed financial analysis and accounting
· Ability to work independently and prioritize competing demands, with minimal supervision.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with remote US-based and global teams.
· High energy with the ability to deliver results independently and successfully as a part of a global team.
· Advanced Excel, Adobe, and Word skills
· Fluency in English required, Spanish as second language desirable.
· Must have legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Your team spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward the firm’s mission and global growth. Successful candidates thrive in a dynamic, global work environment and share our passion for helping others.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply: Please submit the following documents to [email protected]
1.) Resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the Qualifications Requirements, and
2.) Cover letter highlighting knowledge and experience relevant to requirements in the Minimum Qualifications section
3.) Please add “Finance Assistant – USA” in the subject line
4.) After receipt of application, candidates will be notified and must apply online through Miyamoto’s employment portal to be considered for the position.
Deadline for Application: July 23, 2021