ESSAY CONTEST 2020 LEADERSHIP AND CRITICAL THINKING How to foster
The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) is seeking a dynamic Manager for Membership to lead engagement with our global network of 100+ organizations working in 153 countries to end violent conflict and sustain peace
Alliance for Peacebuilding
The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) is seeking a dynamic Manager for Membership to lead engagement with our global network of 100+ organizations working in 153 countries to end violent conflict and sustain peace. Our members include some of the world’s largest development organizations, most innovative academic institutions, and most influential humanitarian and faith-based groups. We build coalitions in key areas of strategy and policy to elevate the entire peacebuilding field, tackling issues too large for any one organization to address alone.
The Membership and Development Manager is the linchpin of AfP’s vibrant and growing global network. The Manager is responsible for day-to-day engagement and communication with AfP’s organizational and individual members, catalyzing relationships between them, organizing events, and devising strategies for innovation and growth. The Manager also oversees AfP’s Annual Conference, PeaceCon, the leading annual global gathering for peacebuilders, and is responsible for sponsorships and agenda development for a robust, three-day program. The manager is also AfP’s operational lead, overseeing office administration, supporting engagement with the Board of Directors, and coordinating external outreach for the President and CEO as needed. The Manager reports to the AfP Vice President.
Required Skills and Experience
- Passion for peacebuilding, humanitarian relief and development, social justice, and/or international affairs;
- At least one to two years’ work experience in nonprofit operations, event management, program management, communications, or administration;
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
- High motivation, ability to manage multiple tasks, problem solve, and meet deadlines;
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills, to include slide deck and online/social media content creation;
- Excellent leadership and judgment, with the ability to learn from constructive feedback;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaboration in a team environment;
- Familiarity with membership management software, CRMs, or databases;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook; and
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Past experience in associations or membership organizations;
- International experience;
- Master’s degree in peace or conflict studies, public policy, international relations, or a related field.
Please send a cover letter (please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application) , resume, and list of three references to email@example.com, ATTN: Manager, Membership and Development. Each attachment should be labeled “Last name, First name – [Document type].” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We are looking to fill this position as early as November 2019 and encourage well-qualified candidates to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Only applicants meeting the required qualifications for the position will be considered and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Alliance for Peacebuilding is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants, particularly women and minorities. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States, as the Alliance for Peacebuilding does not sponsor work visas. The Alliance for Peacebuilding does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race, or disability.
Janet Murdock has 20 years of experience as an accomplished
At PCDN we were planning on launching a group career