This video was previously recorded as part of our PCDN’s
Account Director, National Social Impact
Account Director, National Social Impact
at BerlinRosen (View all jobs)
BerlinRosen is a leading national progressive public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of the most powerful PR firms by Observer, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 190 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
National Social Impact team works with nonprofits, partners in entertainment, philanthropic foundations and other organizations focused on the intersection of racial and economic justice, and culture work. We help our clients improve the lives of impacted communities, address inequality in our economy, our criminal justice system and our political system while holding some of the country’s largest corporations accountable to workers and of color communities.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Do you have knowledge of, or lived experiences shaped by, politics, racial or economic injustice? Do you have a personal commitment to social justice and a passion for advancing progressive social change? Are you a strategist who can be a trusted voice for our clients? Do you have a track record of building relationships with reporters and experience managing and executing integrated campaigns?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
As an Account Director on our National Social Impact team, you will…
- Help set and advance the communications strategy for multiple high-profile client accounts
- Develop and oversee integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Engage and maintain strong relationships with key reporters covering politics, racial and economic justice, and entertainment
- Write and edit persuasive external and internal documents such as press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, talking points, editorial board memos, and communications plans
Our ideal candidate…
- Has 6+ years of relevant work experience in progressive politics, strategic communications, media relations, advocacy, journalism, or a related field. Experience in racial and economic justice and entertainment a plus.
- Is an avid consumer of news. You have a strong news sense and knowledge of the media.
- Has strong written and oral communications skills
- Multi-tasks easily. You have the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
- Understands how race and gender equality in politics, arts, culture, Hollywood and the non-profit spaces shape the economy
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning, writing for the web (website copy, social media posts, articles etc.), local, state, or national politics, and how to engage with members of the media for both rapid response and long lead stories
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including…
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 9 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Weekly assortments of fresh and healthy snacks, beverages, and even cold brew coffee on tap
- Company-sponsored and employee-driven events and activities
BerlinRosen is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, BerlinRosen will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
OUT NOW! The 2020 State of Civil Society Report includes
Still Digging: G20 Governments Continue to Finance the Climate Crisis