Social Enterprise Consultant (Programme Associate)
Please cite PCDN as the source of the posting in your application
Are you thinking about doing something different either on or around a career break?
Would you like to make a positive impact in the community, learn more about social enterprise or carve out a purpose-driven career?
Let us help you figure out what it is that you want to do.
We are currently seeking participants in our flagship Immersion Programme in 2020. This programme is set up by ex-Corporate professionals specifically created for highly experienced marketing, operations and finance specialists who want to learn about a new way of doing business that is far more socially impactful, sustainable and reduces harm to people and the planet.
Become a Social Enterprise Consultant with _SocialStarters
Join our Immersion Programme and you will join us and our socially impactful clients in the role of Social Enterprise Consultant. Over 8 weeks you’ll learn about social enterprise from a team of social enterprise experts then go on to tackle a core business challenge with an ethical and impact-driven start up.
We bring good business people together to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges. We have four big goals which we are working to tackle:
- Youth disadvantage
- Creative economy
- Diversity & gender equality in entrepreneurship
- Sustainable planet & waste reduction
We were recently listed as one of Escape the City’s top 100 companies to escape to (coming in at #27). Over the last 5 years nearly 200 career transitions have taken place by participants on our programme away from the typical corporate career into something more purpose-driven. Following our programme participants go back to work feeling more fulfilled, refreshed and energised ready to focus on the next step in their career.
_SocialStarters are a social enterprise who invest more than 75% of profits back into delivering enterprise training and support in developing countries.
Immersion Programme: what you’ll be doing
- 1 week in London at the start immersing into the London social impact and start up ecosystem with 3 days training included
- Training in social entrepreneurship, start up methods as well as consultancy tools and techniques
- Using your professional skills to work on a specific assignment with one of our vetted social enterprise clients
- Learn the fundamentals of what it takes to run a social enterprise, the challenges they face and the frameworks used to measure impact
- Be part of an international peer group of like-minded people all seeing a new way to do their careers and find their purpose-driven career
Who you’re clients will be:
An early stage purpose-driven startup or growing social enterprise based in the UK. See website for existing client list and examples of previous assignments.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re passionate about start-ups and about making social or environmental impact
- You have 6+ years’ experience working in business for corporates/brand, consultancy firms or SMEs (ideally 10-20 years)
- You have a good command of business English
- You have some serious skills in sales and marketing, finance or operations, that you’d like to share and you are determined to get hands on with your client to really make a tangible difference
- You are committed to giving at least 3 days per week for 8 weeks to support your client, be part of a peer group, share your skills and gain invaluable learning
- And finally, you will come to London for 1 week from 23rd April 2020 or October 8th 2020 and can fund your stay.
Spring: 20th April to 12th June
Autumn: 5th October to 27th November
The programme requires a commitment of 3 days a week over 8 weeks, and the hours are flexible. You meet in London for Week 1, and then the following 7 weeks are carried out either remotely or working alongside your client.
There are only 15 places available for each programme wave. Places go on a first come first serve basis, and once the programme is full we won’t be taking any more participants. Find further details on our website. The programme is currently 50% full.
At PCDN we were planning on launching a group career
When I attend professional events and am about to be