The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) is thrilled to announce that we will be inviting member students to partake in PeaceCon 2019 on the afternoon of Friday, October 4 at no cost through our new initiative, Pathways for Peace Careers (PPC)! After 1:30 PM on October 4, member students are invited to experience the final breakout sessions of the conference. During this timeframe, students can network with the world’s leading and most inspirational peacebuilders, attend a diverse selection of panels and workshops, and learn more about potential career paths in the field. After the conference ends at 5:30, students are also invited to partake in a networking social that will take place at a venue to be determined.
The criteria below outlines those who are eligible for PPC:
- Students of AfP organizational members, which includes:
- Enrolled students of higher education institutions that have a valid AfP organizational membership.
- Interns of any organizational members that are also students at any higher education institution.
- Anyone that possesses a valid young professional membership is eligible so long as they are enrolled students at a higher education institution.
How to Join
For questions and to register, please contact Stephanie Budaker at email@example.com. AfP reserves the right to verify a student’s enrollment. Only those who successfully register will be permitted to attend. PPC does not grant full access to all of PeaceCon, and those who wish to attend the entirety of days 2 and/or 3 must pay to register.
Want to See More of PeaceCon?
- Students who volunteer to support the conference can attend for free, so long as they fulfill their assigned responsibilities. A separate call for volunteers will be released soon.
- Registration for the first day at the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) is free. You can register on USIP’s website when registration is live later this July. Walk-ins are also accepted.
- Students receive a 50% discount if they wish to attend the entire day for October 3 and/or 4 at FHI 360. Please contact Stephanie Budaker to receive this discount.
More About PeaceCon