This is a sponsored post on PCDN
The 2019 Summer Peacebuilding Institute (SPI) starts on May 13, 2019. There is still room in almost all classes and still time to apply to take one or several courses (Some partial scholarships are also still available).
SPI 2019 courses offer the skills you need personally and professionally to make your community, organization, and/or the world a better place. Join us for an exciting time of shared learning across national boundaries. All courses available for training or academic credit.
Click here for more information on the Summer Peacebuilding Institute.
Click here to apply to the Summer Peacebuilding Institute.
Click the title of a course below for more information on that course.
Session 1: May 13 – 21, 2019
- Analysis: Understanding Conflict
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level II
- Circle Processes
- Transformational Leadership for Organizational Change
Session 2: May 23 – May 31, 2019
- Formation for Peacebuilding Practice
- Restorative Justice: Principles, Theories & Applications
- Forgiveness and Reconciliation
- Trustbuilding: Towards Relational Justice and Sustainable Change
Session 3: June 3 – 7, 2019
- Truth-telling, Racial Healing & Restorative Justice
- Community Organizing for Social Change
- Designing Facilitated Processes that Work
- Peacebuilding Approaches to Violent Extremism
Session 4: June 10 – 14, 2019
- Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience (STAR), Level I
- Playback Theater: Honoring Stories and Healing Wounds
- Singing to the Lions: Helping Children Respond Effectively to Violence and Abuse(three day course ending June 12, 2019)
- Building Resilience and Challenging Systemic Racism (three day course ending June 12, 2019)
Click here to apply to SPI 2019.