Rotary Peace Fellowship Program Applications now being accepted for 2019
This is a sponsored post on PCDN
Application deadline 31 May
The Rotary Peace Fellowship program is a fully funded master’s degree or certificate in peace and conflict studies. Every year, 100 individuals are selected to receive a generous award from The Rotary Foundation that funds tuition, living expenses, international field experience, and research/conference opportunities at one of the Rotary Peace Centers, located within seven leading universities around the world.
Master’s Degree – Building the leaders of tomorrow
- 15-24 month program at one of our 5 Rotary Peace Centers at leading partnering universities
- 50 fellows selected annually to earn a master’s degree in fields related to peace and security
- Each university offers customized curriculum and a 2-3 month applied field experience
- Fellows connect with an international cohort of peace fellows, thought leaders, and a global network of Rotarians
Professional Development Certificate – Strengthening the leaders of today
- 3 month professional development program at our Rotary Peace Center in Bangkok, Thailand
- 50 fellows selected annually to earn a professional certificate in peace and conflict studies
- Intended for professionals with extensive experience working in peace-related fields
- Diverse interdisciplinary program includes 8-weeks intensive classroom study with guest lecturers and 2-weeks field studies
Studying at a Rotary Peace Center will open the door to a variety of careers, such as foreign policy, human rights, international law, and development and humanitarian action. It’s where you will build a global network with peace fellows and Rotarians from all over the world, while gaining new skills in conflict resolution, cross-cultural awareness, negotiation, peace and conflict research.
Our more than 1,100 program alumni are working as change agents for peace in over 100 countries with national governments, NGOs, United Nations agencies, and other entities. And you could be one of them.
Eligibility: Take the eligibility quiz.
Qualified candidates have:
- For the master’s program, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus three years of related work experience, and proficiency in a second language (strongly recommended)
- For the certificate program, a strong academic background, plus five years of related work experience
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent leadership skills
13 Feb 9:00-9:30AM CST
20 Feb 9:00-9:30AM CST
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions