This is a sponsored post on PCDN.
Apply now: International Peace and Conflict Studies at Collegium Civitas in the academic year 2019/2020
In the heart of Europe – there is Poland. In the heart of Poland – there is Warsaw. In the heart of Warsaw – there is Collegium Civitas, a modern non-state university that is offering a master’s degree program with a specialization in International Peace and Conflict Studies (IPACS).
IPACS is a two-year innovative and interdisciplinary program which is aimed at empowering students to:
- understand the root causes of violence and international conflicts;
- develop practical skills necessary for the process of conflict transformation/resolution and peaceful social change;
- develop and deploy peacebuilding strategies at different levels of a conflict.
What distinguishes this program from others is a holistic and practical approach which enables students to develop new ways of thinking about current global problems. After the completion of the program, students will be able to critically analyze current events and policy decisions, and will develop the skills needed to effect change both at the community and at the policy level.
The mail goal of the program is to transform students into well-educated and skilled practitioners (peacebuilders) who will be prepared for the varied job market of their profession as well as its rewards and hardships.
- First such program in Poland, and one of very few in Europe
- Practice-oriented with a strong focus on professional development
- Taught entirely in English
- Developed and taught by practitioners and outstanding academics from the field, including professors from Poland, the EU and the US
- Poland is the birthplace of Solidarity – one of the best known successful non-violent movements in the world
- Warsaw is the most dynamic capital city of Central and Eastern Europe
- Collegium Civitas is recognized both nationally and internationally because of its quality of education and excellent lecturers
The application deadline is: September 2, 2019.
If you want to learn more about the program, visit our website:
or contact me directly:
Katarzyna A. Przybyła
Creator and Supervisor of International Peace and Conflict Studies
at Collegium Civitas
email: [email protected]
Looking forward to hearing from you!